Thursday, June 17, 2021

 

Collaborative Stream Building

First of all thank you for reading this, becoming one of the eyes that turn these static words into musing for meat vehicles. 


I hope these words can be as electric for you reading, as it has been for me to collect and write them.


I also hope that these words are as cumbersome for you to read and it's been for me to communicate as I untangle my meanings. 

I hope there is pleasure in deciphering.


I should also add that this in no way presents itself as “new” rather a recontextualization of the many people who have provoked these questions and conclusions.

“I see this offering as a noticing that can shape our next steps, as more water joining the river” (Brown, 2017, p.6)


That's the importance of the work here, it's about inhabiting space with wonder and nuance

 
+

+

This projects has blurry boundaries

Its bathing in the richness

Of autonomy 


A collection of stories of objects, movements of energy and growth
(growing mushrooms at home, building wind turbines from trash, composting)
The poetics and aesthetics of autonomy


Origin stories that's influx growing and developing as culture adapts




 





oppressions go both ways 

When I shit in a toilet I inadvertently 

oppress the environment with energy used to move the faeces

 I also burden the governing body that deals with my shit which takes "care" of my faeces

(Which eventually trickles down back to me through tax or rates) 


That is why when you encourage a community to use compost toilets and take responsibility for their shit the autonomy becomes liberated for the creatures and people hauling the brunt of the oppression. 


It also takes away from these centralised systems that have histories of abusing power


These needs become circular


Start with exploring the technological “waste”
to unpick the tangled oppressions embedded inside it.




How do we inhabit and build spaces without oppressing people we cannot see?

How do we Utilise the gallery and museum space to inhabit care for those unspoken?





  Collaborative Stream Building First of all thank you for reading this, becoming one of the eyes that turn these static words into musing f...