Monday, July 22, 2019

Over the past couple of decades we have the breaking down of René Descartes assumption "I think therefore I am" as we move into object orientated world, where no longer is the human at the center of the universe.
We no see our self as a some what dysfunctional part of the earths ecosystem, with the beginning of the Anthropocene around the 1980's  there was a collective reassessment of our role in this ecosystem, now in 2019 the effects of climate change and unfettered capitalism as real impact on the way our culture in adapting, I think the grass root moments such as permaculture,environmentalism and social Justice orientated Anarchism are outcomes for this re-contextualization into a field of equal objects.
 
And so as an Artist how does this perspective change the way I bring Objects into the world, (if that is even what I am doing I'm really bring different raw materials into different contexts and states, nothing comes from no where) when I younger and I made art that wasn't purposeful I would tel those around me that my sub-conscious brain made it, its interesting contextualizing that against the assumption i have today that my work is phenomenological and my body is merely as reflective space from which raw materials can pass through and become identifiable to the viewer as a contextualized object in there living environment, and so the object then becomes a product of its environment rather then a product of my hands sprouting out of my singular vision.

  Collaborative Stream Building First of all thank you for reading this, becoming one of the eyes that turn these static words into musing f...